The Pokémon Peninsula
gallery@ryux
Animeopolis
Digimon Intensity Project
RyuX Network Forums
 
mouseover heading to expand splash screen
news & updates
about us
contact us
site staff
FAQs
affiliate with us
link to us
link exchange
official links
awards we've won
our awards
support PW
future projects
newsletters
legal stuff
abbreviations used
Site Map
Digidex
FAQs
The Digidestined
Enemies
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digital Technology
Digivolution
Digimon Legends
Names & Origins
Episode Name Origins
Cody's Digi-Dictionary
Takuya's Quoty-ness
Out of Context
Digital Theories
Weird Stuff
Overview
Gallery
Download Sources
Scans
Episode Guide
Digidestined
Digimon
Non-Digidestined Charas
Digivice iC
Digisoul
Music
Voice Actors - Japanese
Old S5/6 Rumours
Articles
Latest Digi-News
Coming Up / releases
English Movies
Digimon: The Movie
Revenge of Diaboromon
Battle of Adventurers
Runaway Locomon
Island of Lost Digimon
Japanese Movies
Digimon Adventure
Our War Games
Golden Digi-Eggs
Diablomon Strikes Back
The Adventurers' Battle
Runaway Digi-Express
Ancient Digi-Revival
X-Evolution
Online Games
Online Battle Game
Digimon Hangman
Digimon Love Calculator
Story Writer
Zodiac Sign Calculator
PlayStation/2
Digimon World
Digimon World 2
Digimon World 3
Digimon World 4
Battle Cards
Rumble Arena
Grand Prix
Digimon World Data Squad
Lyrics (English)
Lyrics (Japanese)
Lyrics (German)
CD Listings (English)
CD Listings (Japanese)
CD Listings (German)
Music Downloads
MIDIs
A Pokémon Copycat?
Pokémon-Digimon War
The Real-Life Digi-Future
99.9 Percent
4 for 4: Best Goggle Boy
4 - 4: Best Finale Villain
4 for 4: Best Loner
4 for 4: Best Season
TAP: Savers 01
TAP: Savers 02
TAP: Savers 03
Darky: Savers 01
Submit Article/article idx
Takeru's Fanfics
Sora's Fan Art Gallery
Yolei's Classifieds
Kari's Photo Album
Tommy's Digimon Icons
Animated GIFs
Music Downloads
MIDIs
Video Clips
Browsers & Programs
Screensavers
Wallpapers
What's Digimon?
What are Digimon?
The Digimon Story
Digimon Characters
How To Bluff it with Style
Wordsearches
Colour In Digimon
Make a Digivice
Make a D3
Make a D-Power
Make a D-Tector
Make a Digi-pencil tin
Dress up Digitally
Cosplay Guide
Darkening of Dusk: Chapter 5

Chapter: << Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next >>

 

Darkening of Dusk

by Darkangemon

 

Chapter 5

Action and Reaction

Writers Note: I admit it I filched Emerald’s name from the liberation of Angel’s website. (My EmeraldAngemon however is vastly different in both looks and character it’s just that WoodAngemon sounded clunky)

 “Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you going?

 The reasons that define us are found in these questions” Michael J Stratinski

 

Cerberumon’s heads barked violently in unison as Darkangemon returned from the dome a small cloud of nameless minions tripping at his ankles.

“Where did Myot find such a powerful tool?” he thought his mind dazedly as he kicked an unimportant minion out of the way. Following the path back to Highton View Terrace, now came the tough part.

Fooling the gatekeeper to let him out of the Digiworld was one thing; fooling the late Blackwargreymon would be much more difficult.

Taking one last look at the dome of the TV station, Darkangemon spread open his hands and began to tear the fabric of reality; he’d done it many times before, but this time there was something in his shrivelled soul that was truly unsettled by all those angels he had seen in the battle.

Had it not been for level differences that battle would have gone differently, very differently.

Myot had been sloppy, allowing his ego to interfere with his purpose. That would not be Darkangemon’s downfall. Oh no, Darkangemon learned, and he was far from finished.

 

A stream of words ate away at TK’s brain slowly sinking into his half concentrating mind it was a long story, but it was also a sad story so sad that later, TK would long he had listened.

The story was told in a detached fashion as if EmeraldAngemon hoped he could avoid the memories that these tales obviously held.

The story finished abruptly and TK realized he hadn’t been paying much attention. Searching his mind, he allowed that which he’d absorbed to form sentences.

“So that’s it?” he said at last “that’s why the Digiworld is what it is”.

“Yes” said EmeraldAngemon his arms folding over his chest.

“So there was a war in the Digiworld long before we were born, a war involving Daemon and all other digimon, a war which nearly consumed the whole world.”

“Yes that is also true” conceded EmeraldAngemon massaging his left antler “All I have told you is the truth, I see no further reason to hide it from you humans you have indeed proven yourselves,”

 So what happened? I mean we'd never even heard of Darkangemon before last week.

“The war looked as if it would never end every time we made progress against the enemy Daemon would counterattack even more viciously two of our champions fell for every one of theirs, in the end our forces stood at the foot of the primary village, Digimon and first one alike, working together side by side to prevent Daemon from corrupting everything that we hold sacred.”

Sparktramon growled and became intrigued by the gravel at his feet.

 Then at the moment of Daemon's apparent victory, the light itself appeared, and poured out itself upon myself and the sovereigns and we together were able to attain our mega forms and seal Daemon inside the bowels of the earth." continued EmeraldAngemon methodically, ignoring Sparktramon’s comment.

"But Daemon came back, he attacked us!" said Ken in an indignant voice, "We defeated him!"

"Nay young one, the Daemon you banished wasn't even a quarter as powerful as he was at first. He had only just been freed from his prison at the time you fought him. He was desperate to regain his power over the lingering demonic digimon before Myot beat him to it and Darkangemon was all to willing to oblige him".

"Ah I knew we'd eventually get round to Darkangemon’s role in this somehow," said Cody smiling smugly at TK who had been just about to open his mouth.

“Darkangemon’s role as you call it is to prepare the ritual that shall restore Daemon to this plane of existence. He must never be allowed to go through with it,” exclaimed a serious word voice behind them, “Hello EmeraldAngemon I see you still love to talk about the old days.”

Everybody jumped turning so quickly that they looked like dazed synchronized swimmers in the filtered forest light, there positioned just behind a small knee high thicket were Izzy, Tentomon and a man who the children did not recognize

“Eric what are you doing here” chortled EmeraldAngemon rising to greet the young man, pulling him into an enormous hug.

“I come bearing help as always my old friend” said Eric attempting to separate himself from the ageing angel, “and Mr. Azume here was kind enough to oblige me a lift”

“Hey Izzy, who is this guy?” asked Ken giving Izzy a funny look.

“This is Gennai’s brother Eric, the master librarian of the Digiworld’s primary knowledge network,” said Izzy opening his laptop, “He and I have been in contact over the last three months working and monitoring the digital worlds balance after MaloMyostismon, you see; he did more harm than we thought”.

“Mr. Azume is correct, the human spirit of Oekawa may have restored the Digiworld, but he couldn’t strengthen the weakened the fragile bond between this world and the Dark Ocean ,” said Eric tweaking a streak of auburn hair affectionately. “I am here to ensure you are ready”.

"How could anyone be ready for that? That thing knew our every move." said TK giving Eric a puzzled look.

“I have the power you need to defeat him; I got it straight from Baihumon. It’s not quite as much as Azulongmon would give you, but the Digiworld is in peril. You must stop Darkangemon and you must stop him quickly.

“He’s already moving? That’s strange, usually he'd be tweaking our boundaries by now?” asked Sparktramon tightening his grip on his hammer.

“Yes Sparktramon it comes quicker than expected.” Now I advise you get going, stop him now before it’s too late.” Said Eric pulling a silver ball from his pocket “Tiger Power Energize”

The energy flowed from the sphere filling each Digimon and Digidestined with a silvery power, TK felt all the rigidity and hunger he’d been experiencing evaporate in a flurry of warmth; his digivice glowed a little brighter than the others.

<To you I give ultimate, Use it well> said the voice of EmeraldAngemon in his head <It is in you and the other angel partners that the power to defeat the shadows truly lies>.

“Good luck” said EmeraldAngemon out loud.

“What are we waiting for?” asked Ken after the last of the light had drained away. “Let’s go stop this jerk”

 

There is a place in the endless expanse called Higher Highton View Terrace. It’s not terribly big or terribly astounding little more than a pale room, but it is the Digiworld’s first inadvertent customs port

Right now Darkangemon was glaring angrily across the table at the grinning former Blackwargreymon, now StarAgumon

“Do you really want to block my way spire boy?” he growled, his blade extended to its apex.

“That all depends on whether you have the guts to take me on demon boy,” said StarAgumon.

“You’re very lucky that your already dead, otherwise I would great pride in removing you now however,” chortled Darkangemon as he effortlessly zipped across the room grabbing Blackwargreymon by the throat and throwing him across the room.

“Goodbye Blackwargreymon. I have proved my superiority again,” he added as he walked through the now open door into the digital world.

 

The team Digivolved and Armor Digivolved accordingly so that all of them had transport, flying in convoy in the direction of the canyon of sorrows, the place Eric had told them Darkangemon would be headed.

Sparktramon flew next to Pegasusmon and Nefertimon, a look of concern on his face for the two pale riders on their backs. After he had brought them through the divide he was sure that only these and the one called Ken had seen the true other side of reality.

It was something that no mortal should have to see, a place where reality was governed by rules and the brutal cycle of nature controlled all, not a place to think about now, there were other more pressing issues at stake.

He had hoped that he would never have to face Darkangemon again for it had been Darkangemon who had sealed him in that cave all those years, “atonement for his betrayal” Darkangemon had called it.

“I will prove myself to be better than my heritage” mumbled Sparktramon his golden wings soaring on currents of freezing wind as he climbed above the others.

 

Nefertimon also flew uneasily she was worried about Kari; she’d only spoken five times since she’d woken up, and that was hours ago.

It wasn’t like Kari to be this quiet; nothing was getting past her eternal look of worry.

“I hope she’ll be okay” thought Nefertimon as they sailed onward of billows of clouds.

 

As they flew the landscape below them changed, no longer lush fields or stunning desert but cold hard stone and lifeless rock, it looked as if the very ground itself was dying from some unknown plague.

“We’re getting closer” mumbled TK “I can feel his evil”

“TK what’s wrong? You’ve been pretty quiet the whole time we we’ve been flying” asked Pegasusmon his eyes rolling back to look at his partner.

“When Sparktramon saved us in the primary village, I saw something, something inside Darkangemon, something that almost reminded me of you,” replied TK blinking back tears of worry.

“There are obviously similarities, after all we are related but don’t be worried I made my choice a long time ago, either I walk in the light or I die,” said Pegasusmon valiantly, “Darkangemon may be powerful but we have the truth on our side and that’s what matters.”

“Yeah I guess so,” said TK giving Pegasusmon a small smile, what would come would come; his mind was set at ease for Patamon’s safety.

 

Darkangemon entered the lair of Noganamon hastily, brushing Phantomon aside into the rock face as he did.

“I have it Noganamon, are you ready?” snapped Darkangemon his ultra vision burning brightly in the dim cave.

“Nearly my lord all I is a little time for the device to power up and then we will be ready to bring your father back to the digital world,” hissed Noganamon tail twisting left and right as she hurried up to Darkangemon, “but we have other problems DeviDramon just informed me that the Digidestined are nearly upon us,”

“You deal with the rite I’ll remove the little welts myself if I have to, anything I should know about?” growled Darkangemon

“Well your former brother is with them…” started Noganamon

“Never you mind just keep going whatever you do not allow the summoning to be interrupted,” snapped Darkangemon angrily “Phantomon come with me.”

Phantomon followed nervously this felt like an ending and he hoped for his own sake it wasn’t his…

 

The Digidestined arrived at the mouth of the canyon of sorrows slightly nervous, Sparktramon landing first, scouting the fissure expectantly as if expectant of some unseen attack.

“Well here’s a first the good guys got here before Darkangemon,” he exclaimed at last.

The others landed Nefertimon taking on the form of Gatomon and Pegasusmon that of Patamon.

“Lets suit up then,” said Davis “ExVeemon if you’d do the honours”

“But of course replied” ExVeemon “Lets kick it up”

ExVeemon, Stingmon Aquillamon and Gatomon all began to glow as their four forms became two the forms of Paildramon and Sylphimon.

“Hey TK how come your not suiting up?” asked Cody in a puzzled tone.

“Oh lets just say I have a different idea of how this fight should look,” said TK pressing a few buttons on his D3 “It’s time to test out this Tiger power”

“Alright” exclaimed Patamon as the light shone all around him.

Patamon digivolve to Angemon

“Oh so you were suiting up,” sighed Cody “Huh?”

Angemon Digivolve to…

MagnaAngemon,

MagnaAngemon stood there, the stunned silence of the other digimon evident.

“He’s Coming,” whispered Sparktramon sadly.

“Well of course I’m here, what sort of a host would I be, if I didn’t meet my unexpected guests, or should I say uninvited pests,” said Darkangemon rising up out of the canyon Phantomon, LadyDevimon and digimon which TK could only call Myo-clone, hemming each side of him. “Lets see how you handle some of my friends, no haze but I’m sure I brought enough friends to compensate,” he added smiling macabrely.

MagnaAngemon lit his blade and stood across the gorge from Darkangemon, Paildramon and Sylphimon looking their opponents straight in the eye, (or mask or crossbar over the eyes).

There was no movement a slight breeze lifted a sing dry leaf into the air in between the battlers.

FWAPP!

The blur that was Darkangemon rushed at MagnaAngemon his dark blade snaking out against the warriors of light, there would be no mercy at this fight. MagnaAngemon countered, his own blade colliding in a spray of green and red sparks.

“Hah so there is some fight in you after all little one,” cackled Darkangemon

TK looked around at the battle Frostangemon and Ankylomon seemed to be avoiding the worst of Mark’dMyot’s attacks, Frostangemon actually had him in a headlock at the moment so he was nearly beaten already.

Phantomon’s rush at Paildramon had also come to a rather abrupt ending as Sparktramon had clonked him over the head with his hammer before his scythe had gone anywhere near Paildramon.

Sylphimon wasn’t nearly as lucky. He and LadyDevimon were locked in some sort of bizarre arm wrestling contest across the ravine.

“Paw in claw” thought TK his mind refocusing on the most important battle which was taking a new twist.

Darkangemon was moving away from his higher counterpart, pulling back in a sort of mock retreat.

“It appears I must get tough with you cousin” spat Darkangemon angrily “Lets see you handle the ‘gravity’ of the situation.” He added laughing.

Gate of Chaos screamed Darkangemon, pulling his blade through the air in one disjointed motion.

A shadow fell over the whole Arena, something else was happening, a tiny pinprick of dusk was beginning to grow, in it a view of a starless black expanse.

“You see MagnaAngemon I have a little advantage here the more evil is around me the stronger I become, and since I draw my energies from my father I become stronger as he gets closer,” cackled Darkangemon as he re-crossed swords with MagnaAngemon “This is the hour of your doom”

“I’ve beaten stronger enemies yelled

There was a small explosion as Frostangemon blew Mark’dMyot out of existence while Sylphimon and Paildramon battled hand to hand with LadyDevimon, all this happened while Darkangemon slowly pushed MagnaAngemon, inch by inch towards the portal of swirling chaos that followed them across the canyon.

“Somebody please help him!” yelled TK desperately; he wouldn’t lose Angemon again no matter the cost, not here, not now, not ever;

Desperado Blaster, Static Force, Frozen Fate, Paladin Hammer

All four attacks hit Darkangemon square across his body, knocking him away from MagnaAngemon.

“Little brother this is your suicide not mine,” said LadyDevimon flying off to the south. “I value my hide a little more than yours,”

“Come back here you uncontrollable little traitor,” scream Darkangemon after the retreating witch “Oh that does it”

Chaos Flare

Darkangemon’s Gauntlet fired a pulse of dark purple flames that caught LadyDevimon in the back.

“Nobody abandons me and gets away with it,” growled Darkangemon a cruel smile flickering over his face as he turned to the other digimon.

“Who else wants some” he said in an infuriatingly smug voice.

“Let’s get him” yelled Paildramon angrily, glowing with a silver light.

“I agree” growled Sylphimon also glowing with silver.

Darkangemon looked surprised this was not the expected response; he had used the last of his true power to destroy his cowardly sister, he’d messed up big time alright, now he was trapped right between a rock and a hard place with almost no hope of escape.

“Rats,” he swore under his breath

 

Paildramon and Sylphimon slammed Darkangemon against the fire-red rocks of the canyon, feathered wings splaying out as shards of brick red rock smashed out in a thousand different directions.

MagnaAngemon lit his blade again and rose majestically into the air,

"I believe that I have some Equalization to do" he smiled as his sword cut the all too familiar pink outline.

Gate of Destiny

The great golden gate began to spin into focus as Sylphimon and Paildramon began to lift Darkangemon, about to throw his into the swirling white nether on the other side of the gate.

"IT IS COMPLETE" hissed the snakelike voice of Noganamon further down the canyon.

"Oh no," now it became clear to TK, Darkangemon had been his own decoy; he couldn't have summoned Daemon by himself, no he had needed this other minion for that. Now not only had they failed to prevent his return, but it also became clear to him Darkangemon had outthought them once again.

 

A swirling, neon green, vortex was beginning to form. As the storm of the Gates raged a shadow began to seep through this vortex, slowly at first, the vortex began to redden, until eventually it took a bloodlike tinge.

The sky went dark, lighting flashed from the portal as it congealed; Noganamon scuttled away allowing the shadows to solidify.

Thunder rolled again and a horrible cracking sound filled the air as the final iris of the solitary eye began to open filling the whole Digital world with its chaotic power.

The Digidestined looked on in horror as the earth split violently beneath them

"I am free at last" screeched Daemon as he entered the digital world again, his gigantic shadow blotting out the remains of cold starlight, which the gates gave off.

"You see my method now" laughed Darkangemon as Paildramon stepped back in fear "Your overconfidence has been your downfall Digidestined, your confidence that my father was gone, your faith in that doddering fool EmeraldAngemon and now I shall truly prove my superiority to you all."

"Funny we seem to have you on the ground Darkangemon" said MagnaAngemon breaking his gaze upon the emerging Daemon "We'll deal with you later we now have bigger fish to fry"

"You can't mean little old me" laughed Daemon maniacally as he slowly crossed the battlefield

Evil Inferno.

Enormous green flames sped across the battlefield catching Frostangemon right in the chest forcing him to the ground

"Frosty are you alright?" asked Jonathan his voice sounding close to tears.

"I'm fine, just get me the number plate of the truck that must have hit me," mumbled Frostangemon shaking his head.

"Let's do this" yelled Paildramon letting go of Darkangemon’s arm and allowing the draconic light to be released.

Paildramon mega digivolve to ImperialDramon.

Paildramon's form modified as his own energy fused with that of Azulongmon and Baihumon

His draconic wings spreading out to their widest apex before descending aggressively so that he landed heavily upon the ground, his front paws clawing the uneven broken base rock

Positron Laser.

The beam of blue brightness lanced across the partially shattered battleground catching Daemon in the back on the neck. Daemon whirled round angrily a look of pure malice shining from his eyes.

"I think you need your batteries removed you overgrown toy car" He yelled turning to face ImperialDramon "It's Payback time".

ImperialDramon mode change too Fighter Mode.

ImperialDramon ran forward, his wings outstretched behind him, Daemon stepped backwards bracing himself for the tackle.

CRACK

TK winced as Daemon caught ImperialDramon by the hands and tossed him into the remains of the rock face.

There was sound of Violins being cracked together as the eventual gravity of the Gate of Destiny collided with the Chaos Gateway in a shower of dark purple sparks.

“Get him ImperialDramon,” shouted Davis loudly waving his arms like a lopsided cheerleader.

“Ah now I have a real idea.” cackled Daemon twirling ImperialDramon round into a rock face. “Let’s see how you handle this tough guy.”

Daemon disappeared from view TK thought for one second that maybe Daemon was running then the horrible reality occurred.

Daemon reappeared with no warning grabbing Davis in one of his enormous hands and threw him into the spinning gateway as it polarized.

There was a flash; it was over there was a shocked silence as Daemon returned to his starting position across from them.

Kari screamed, Yolei whimpered and the others just stood there in shock as the gateway flashed morosely.

Davis was gone, no warning, nothing, he was just no longer with them. The blow hadn’t sunk in yet, it just happened so fast.

 

“Vile Cur, the boy was hardly involved!” shouted the strong deep voice of EmeraldAngemon so that the whole battlefield trembled “Now you shall feel the wrath of nature herself

Daemon turned slowly to face EmeraldAngemon.

“Ah EmeraldAngemon, I was wondering when you’d show up lets finish this then”

“Indeed” snarled EmeraldAngemon angrily “lets”

TK realized then, The Ultimate battle to determine the fate of the whole Digiworld was beginning and who knew how it would end.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

Chapter: << Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next >>

Nothing much as far as I know. D:
Chat
Forums
Guestbook
Online Digimon Game
Oekaki Board
Old Oekaki [archive]
Digimon Nursery
Bandai Teleconference Report
Digimania Test
PW Survey
Imp It Up!
TV Guide
Time Out!
Tagboarders
The Anime Express
Tales from a Trailmon
End of the Line
Save the World
Digidollar Network
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Resource Listings
Tutorials
Free Buttons
The Digi-Zone
Apply

Digital Starlight
The Shining Evolution
Digientity
Apply
RyuX Network
Google
Web digivice.net
sign up


sign up




Affiliates
Digidollar Network
TDZ Network
Digimon Community
digital connection ntwrk
Hentai-Free Network
RyuX Network Top 50
Click Here to Visit!
Click Here to Visit!
JK Top 50
Renamon.nl Topsite
Patamon's World is proudly hentai-free!
get patches
FastCounter